Last Updated: June 16, 2023
The Policy intends to provide you with information about what personal information we collect about you, how we use that information, and under what circumstances we disclose your information. It further describes your rights under the Connecticut Data Privacy Act; the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020; the Colorado Privacy Act; the Utah Consumer Privacy Act; Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A; the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act; the European Union privacy law (General Data Protection Regulation); and other applicable privacy laws (collectively referred to as Privacy Laws). We take commercially reasonable steps to maintain compliance with the Privacy Laws.
You may contact us for any questions, comments, or concerns using the contact information provided in the last section of this Policy, and for exercising your privacy rights as described in this Policy.
Lastly, we may update and make changes to this Policy, so we encourage you to review it periodically.
2. Key Terms. Let us start by explaining some key terms used in this Policy:
3. Information We Collect About You. We may collect, or have collected in the preceding 12 months, the following personal information from you:
- Real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, telephone number, account name.
- Commercial information such as records of products purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Online payment history.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites or advertisements.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Sensitive personal information
- An account log-in.
- Financial account, debit card, or credit card number with any required security code.
- Password or credentials allowing access to an account.
- Precise geolocation.
- Contents of mail, email, and text messages as they relate to doing business with us.
- Information concerning health.
Personal information does not include publicly available information, de-identified information, or aggregate consumer information.
We obtain your consent before collecting your sensitive personal information. We do not collect your social security number; biometric information; genetic data; information about your sex life or sexual orientation; information about your racial or ethnic origin, your religious, political, or philosophical beliefs; information about your immigration or citizenship status; or union membership. We may collect sensitive personal information, such as the social security number, during one’s employment with our company for either establishing or maintaining their employment relationship.
4. Children Under the Age of 13.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen without the prior parental or guardian consent. If you are a child under the age of thirteen, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features; create an account on or subscribe to this website; make any purchases through this website; or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of thirteen without the child’s parental or guardian consent, we will delete the information. If you wish to find out whether your child has accessed our websites or services, or wish to ask that we remove your child's personal information from our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or via our toll-free telephone number at 1.800.233.5539 or Customer Care at +1.860.583.4700. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time.5. How We Collect Your Personal Information.
We collect most of your personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text, email, or via our websites. We may also collect information from the following categories of sources:
- Publicly accessible sources, e.g., property records, social media accounts.
- Third party, e.g., credit reporting agencies, customer due diligence providers, advertising networks, internet service providers, social networks, data analytics providers, government entities, and data brokers.
- Third party with your consent, e.g., your bank.
- Website cookies. Cookies are small files sent to your browser from websites you visit. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer or cell phone, are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. You can accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the websites you visit or services you obtain.
- Automated information collection techniques such as web beacons. Also known as a web bug, pixel tag, or clear GIF, a web beacon is a clear graphic image that is delivered through a web browser or HTML email. The web beacon operates as a tag that records an end user’s visit to a particular web page or viewing of a particular email. It is also often used in conjunction with a web cookie, and provided as part of a third-party tracking service.
- Our IT systems, including:
- Door entry systems and reception logs;
- Automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks, connections, customer databases; access control systems; communications systems; email and instant messaging systems.
6. Why We Use Your Personal Information. We do not collect personal information or sensitive personal information that we do not need. We collect, or have collected within the last 12 months, your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with our business, provided your personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with our business.
- Performing services on behalf of our business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of our business.
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to the consumer.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by our business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by our business.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you.
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
7. Categories of Personal Information We Disclose for a Business Purpose. We may disclose, or in the preceding 12 months have disclosed, the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you, including, but not limited to, your name, signature, mailing address, telephone number, Internet Protocol address, email address, online account name, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information or similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites or advertisements.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information (of our employees only).
If you directly disclose your personal information through Beekley Corporation’s social media accounts such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, this information may be collected and used by others.
8. When We Disclose Your Information. We may disclose, or have disclosed within the last 12 months, your personal information under the following circumstances:
- With your consent.
- To fulfill the very request for which you provided your information.
- To enforce any agreement we may have with you.
- For billing or collection, managerial or administrative purposes.
- To perform statistical analysis.
- To arrange for the delivery of product(s) that you purchase from us.
- To our employees for performance of their official duties. Our employees who receive personal information are required to keep the information strictly confidential.
- If we are required by law.
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the rights and safety of our company or employees. This includes disclosing your information per a court order or a subpoena, or to other organizations such as federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies in situations involving violations of federal, state, or local laws.
- To exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
9. Who We Disclose Your Personal Information To. We may disclose, or have disclosed in the preceding 12 months, your personal information to:
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products or services to you, such as payment service providers, IT vendors, warehouses and delivery companies.
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts.
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers.
- Credit reporting agencies.
- Our insurers and brokers.
- Our banks.
- External auditors.
Third parties and service providers that we do business with are under contractual obligations to ensure they only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
10. Categories of Personal Information We Sell or Share. We do not sell or share, and in the last 12 months have not sold or shared your personal information, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale or sharing.
11. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information. We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products or services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints, or claims made by you or on your behalf.
- To show that we treated you fairly.
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
12. Security of Your Personal Information. Beekley Corporation secures your personal information and sensitive personal information from unauthorized or illegal access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure. We store the information on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized or illegal access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure. When sensitive personal information, such as a credit card number, is transmitted to other websites, it is protected using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. In the event of a data security breach, we will notify you without undue delay after becoming aware of the breach.
13. Other Websites. Beekley Corporation encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our websites so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statement or other content on third-party websites.
14. Know Your Privacy Rights. Depending on where you live, you may exercise some or all the following rights:
If you choose to contact us directly by website, email, phone, or in writing, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you, e.g., your full name, address, and customer or matter reference number.
- Proof of your identity and address, e.g., a copy of your driver's license or passport and a recent utility bill.
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We endeavor to respond to a consumer request within 45 calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days) to respond, we will notify you of the reason and extension period in writing.
To protect your information and the integrity of our products, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID. Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for verification.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For instance, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect. We may also deny a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or we have already provided personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Upon request, we will also provide you with information about whether we hold or process, on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of.
Under certain Privacy Laws, you may also designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. Your agent may submit a request via the same methods described at the beginning of this section. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request, we may need to collect additional information from you or your authorized agent to verify that you are the person directing the agent.
16. Changes to this Policy. Beekley Corporation will occasionally update this Policy based on emerging Privacy Laws. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how Beekley Corporation is protecting your information. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and through a notice on our websites home page.
17. How to Contact Us. Beekley Corporation welcomes your questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy. If you believe that Beekley Corporation has not adhered to this Policy, please email Beekley Corporation at email@example.com, or call our toll-free telephone number at 1.800.233.5539 or Customer Care at +1.860.583.4700. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time. You may also mail us at Beekley Corporation, 1 Prestige Lane, Bristol, Connecticut 06010-7454, U.S.A. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly remedy the problem should there be one.